What is a Yoga Retreat?
In simple terms, a yoga retreat is an excursion or a trip to a location that is surrounded by natural beauty where you can relax your mind, body, and soul by practicing yoga and meditation. While on a yoga retreat, you connect yourself closely with nature and feel an intimate sense of rejuvenation, wellbeing, and contentment. The idea of a yoga retreat is to allow yogis to step up their practice without the disruptions of life. These retreats are like short breaks or escape from the daily life that typically lasts from a few days to weeks. These retreats help you to relax, deepen your yoga practice and eventually reconnect yourself.
In modern society, a yoga retreat is considered as vacations at luxury resorts. But, originally a yoga retreat was to bring you closer towards nature. You used to stay at ashrams and monasteries.
What to Expect
You can expect lots and lots of Yoga! Lol…
While being on a retreat you can expect lots of sharing, lots of connections, lots of discussions and interesting conversation with like-minded people. You will actually spend some quality time while having lots of fun and recreation.
Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are – Jason Crandell
Benefits of Yoga Retreat
- Purification: A yoga retreat can help you in the purification of your mind, body, and soul. Purification rituals with fire, water, mantra (sounds) are significant parts of a yoga retreat.
- Mindfulness: Activities like Pranayama (Conscious breathing), Yoga Nidra (Relaxation) and Dhyana (Meditation) helps you to achieve mindfulness. Being mindful makes it easier to relish the bliss in life and have a deep association with your core.
- Crystallization: With such a busy life, having so many things going on every time in our mind, we sometimes keep going without any purpose or direction. A yoga retreat can get you slow down while giving you time to revalue your path and purpose of life.
- Spiritual Growth: A yoga retreat can help you to boost your spiritual growth by developing higher awareness and consciousness. This growth can sometimes help to overcome years of suffering, by changing your perception for life.
- New Beginning: A yoga retreat can sometimes transform your life by putting aside all your issues and worries. It allows you to reconnect with your soul thereby opening paths for a new beginning in existing life.
Yoga Retreats in Shimla
There are several beautiful places in the world for retreats but the one that is most preferred and highly recommended is INDIA. I offer yoga retreats in Shimla (Himachal Pradesh) at my yoga school. The retreat uses dhyana (meditation) shatkriyas (Hatha yogic cleansing techniques) to detox in an effective and natural way.