Yoga stands for ‘union’. The Sanskrit meaning of yoga is ‘to join’. Several people have a misconception that yoga is all about doing physical activity (asanas/poses). However, yoga is the practice of combining soul with activity. The spiritual strength of a person lies behind yoga.
The Power of Yoga
Yoga is a path to reach inner soul by generating some amount of energy via a combination of physical and mental activities. Yoga can help you to strengthen your body, bring mental peace and heal your wounds.
Some Benefits of Yoga
Improve Body Structure: The practice of yoga on regular basis can help you get a perfect body shape that you always dream of.
Mindful Eating: Yoga helps you with mindful eating.
Heart Benefits: Practicing Yoga on regular basis can help you control your blood pleasure and cholesterol levels.
Weight Control: There are several asanas in yoga that helps you shred your body fat thereby allowing you to lose weight.
Overall Fitness: Yoga can help you live a healthy life. Practicing yoga in routine life can help to maintain the overall fitness.
A few other benefits of yoga are:
- It helps to calm your mind.
- It doesn’t require any special equipment to do exercise.
- It is good for all age groups and can be practiced by anyone.
- It improves sleep and digestion.
- It increases muscle strength, flexibility, and blood flow.
- It lowers the blood sugar levels.
- It improves posture, immune system, and sleep quality.
- It boosts metabolism.
- It increases vitality and energy; reduces chronic pain.
- It lowers production of cortisol (stress hormone)
Yoga for Life
If you go deep into the yoga, you will find that it gives you much more than a just flexible body. With yoga, you can become master of your life and can bring a huge inner transformation. This is yoga for life!